Dale Ruth Scholarship Information
- Member sod farm owner's child with five (5) years of active membership
- Program must take place in a campus setting
- Must be a full-time student
- At least a B or 3.0 (on 4.0) average
- Program must be for associates or greater degree
- Applicants are not eligible until beginning second (2nd) year of study
- Scholarship expected to be $500 per applicant
- All applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee/Board of MSGA, which will have final decision-making authority.
Guidelines for the administration of the Dale Ruth Scholarship & Research Fund
- If the number of applicants is greater than the donation, the association will fund the difference out of the general fund.
- The scholarships should be awarded no later than the summer meeting, with applications due no later than 2 weeks prior to such meeting (i.e. received by the MSGA business office).
- The intention of the fund is to provide scholarships to the children of member sod farm owners. If there are no eligible candidates for any year, the committee, at its discretion is requested to retain the principal until it reaches approximately $10,000.
- When the principal surpasses $10,000 any amounts over the $10,000 guideline should then be considered for other beneficial uses (i.e. research or other activities that the board may deem appropriate).
- The principal should be invested in a safe investment vehicle that will maximize returns while incurring minimal risk (i.e. a money market fund or bank CD).
- All applications should be mailed to the MSGA business office (or submitted via website form), which will then distribute a copy of all applications to the scholarship committee. The recommendations of the committee will then be presented to the board at the summer meeting for application approval.